Saturday, December 18, 2010

Shift Happens



I feel a shift occurring within me.  Not a symbolic shift, but an actual shift.  My joints feel different, my hands look different, my spirit feels different, my heart is different, my soul is different.  Yet I am NOT different.  I am shifting. I am evolving. I am stepping into the person I have always known myself to be.

This shift did not just happen over night. It has been a process. An exciting process, but a process none the less. Some things have turned out lovely, some things have been surprising and not what I expected.  Yet within it, I understand.  I understand the why. I understand that sometimes it just is what it is.  There is no need to try and figure things out all the time.  What should be considered, is how I respond to certain things and why I respond that way.  Growth has nothing to do with what others are doing or saying, and everything to do with me.  I  am responsible for my growth, for my shift. I have to take responsibility for what is going on around me and for how people are or are not responding to me.

Its time to WAKE UP people! Stop blaming others for your discomfort, your unhappiness, your miserableness, your discontent, your feelings of pain.  It is YOUR stuff! "Your" is the operative word! So why are you waiting for someone else to apologize, or to make you feel better?  Create your own happiness and stop waiting on others. Take responsibility.  Stop complaining and start your shifting process.

5 comments:

  1. Well said, I admire your strength...courage...and wisdom. :)~Tangie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tangie. I appreciate YOU!!!!! And words from my favorite artist India.Arie!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ase o. Well stated Akua. I feel your shift and your passion. What a wonderful call to action. A journey to happiness is not passive.

    When we step into our power we shift into being our true selves. We also reflect the greatness of others and allow them to shift as well. Since we all occupy the planet together we are obligated to do and be our BEST selves. Thank you for shifting and reminding us all to do the same. Thank you for reminding us that we have have the power to create the life we desire to live. We are masters of our personal universe and should go forth and create our happiness. INjoy, dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pressing the shift button now --> LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dionne and Sallome!!!!!! shifting.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Please feel free to leave a comment :)