Tuesday, March 1, 2011

30-Day Self-Love Challenge. Are you DOWN!??



I decided to create a 30-Day Self-Love Challenge during Women's History Month because I often found myself seeking refuge in someone else to fulfill me – to make me happy – to motivate me to do this, and to do that.  

I have complained about others not being committed (to their word, to their work, to me, to…you name it).  I have been frustrated with others not being committed to me, not doing what they said they would do, not being there for me the way they said they would be there for me. 

However I had no idea that the very thing we are most frustrated with can be, and often is, a direct result of what we ourselves are not doing – for ourselves.  We often look outside of ourselves to be fulfilled, and if we continue to do this, we will continue to fight a never-ending battle, and therefore we will never be satisfied, we will never be fulfilled because we expect someone else to be the source of our own happiness and well-being. 

This challenge is about choosing ourselves first. It is about loving ourselves so that we can generate our own sense of joy at any moment, regardless of our circumstance, and regardless if someone wants to join in with us.  This challenge is about standing inside of our commitment to ourselves.  This challenge is an opportunity for us to commit to ourselves so that we can stop complaining about why others aren’t committed to, or committing to us.  As soon as we are committed to ourselves, others will be committed to us. As soon as we love ourselves, we will only attract love. 

24 women have committed to participating in this challenge with me. We will support each other throughout the journey. If you are interested....email me! Akua@EmpowerMeGNEP.org.

Day 1 (March 1st)Acknowledging My Goods.  First thing this morning, write 20 things you are grateful for about your self on strips of colorful paper and put it in your "I AM Love" jar.  Draw from this jar every morning during this challenge and choose to BE more of that person during the day.  Moving forward, add to this jar regularly, and draw from it when you are feeling like you aren't ____(fill in the blank).

Join the Challenge. Choose YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Please feel free to leave a comment :)